Sunday, May 9, 2010

Happy Mother's Day!

I am so grateful for my mom- every day, but especially the day set aside for her when I really stop to reflect on what she means to me. She deserves it. It's funny how much we take for granted as children. Mom's are just doing their jobs. We're so quick to scream about it when things don't go our way and so blind to all the things that run perfectly; all because Mom was there planning, organizing, and doing. As a child I used to be naive enough to think that when I grew up I'd pay her back for everything she did for me. I can't believe all of the sacrifices she made for our family over the years and can't even fathom all of the ones I never knew about. I understand now, as an adult, that it's not about paying back but about paying forward. We take what we learn from our moms and re-invest it in the generations below us. And so the world turns. How blessed I am to have her as my mom. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment